Becoming an entrepreneur entails that you step off into the precipice of the unknown, yet it can be a terrifying experience, fraught with unforeseen perils and inherent loneliness.
Doubt, fear, and overthinking can start to take hold, paralyzing your ability to think and act in the present moment.
Fear is a universal aspect of the human condition, but it does not have to be the enemy.
When you choose to reexamine your relationship with fear – or with any problems that may arise – you start to focus on what you can control.
In today’s episode of BizableTV, Mental Performance Coach & Speaker, Lauren Johnson explains how you can develop the necessary mental skills that will make you invincible and adaptable.
Through her experience with athletics, she illustrates the ways her identity has been shaped by belief and action.
Belief, in turn, is shaped by identity and action.
It can be difficult to shift your paradigm when it is being clouded by blind spots and intrusive emotions.
However, the power to choose your response, beginning with the separation of truth from feelings, can alter the demarcation of power.
Adversity is inevitable – it’s the response that determines which outcomes you receive.
Key takeaways from today’s episode:
- 0:50 – Introducing Lauren Johnson, a mental performance coach and speaker who specializes in performance psychology.
- 3:42 – How growth comes from learning to redefine our relationship with the problem.
- 6:14 – Get advice for those dealing with uncertainty or negative feedback.
- 9:35 – How focusing on the present in order to manage fear.
- 16:28 – Why Lauren’s epiphany while she was working at Starbucks was a breakthrough.
- 20:22 – How Lauren’s work with the New York Yankees, was able to help a player cast away limiting beliefs.
- 26:40 – Why finding someone you trust to elicit honest feedback and identify blind spots is important.
- 32:15 – How shifting your mindset to navigate negativity to quickly make progress.
Nothing but the best of the best for you!
To your success-
A Cool Resource For You👌
My friend Teresa McCloy has a great new book called Do What Matters and you can get the Kindle version for only $0.99 between September 8th - 20th.
Its a great read for this weekend, so pick it up today for $0.99.
Stop Scanning For A Second!
Ok, if you are still with me at the bottom of this email....I really do appreciate you!
I am sitting here this morning having my coffee like many of you (literally, its 9:33 am CMT), crafting this email before it goes out to you today.
I missed the week before last because we were in Dallas, TX for Podcast Movement filming a new Trailer for The Creator Revolution
We got to walk around and visit with so many interesting creative entrepreneurs, including Dan Miller and Julia McCoy from Content Hacker.
We also interviewed John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneurs On Fire!
How cool is that!
What's on my heart this morning is how to make this weekly email the most valuable to you.
I do struggle with this regularly, as you can see from the different versions over the last few months.
My question to you is this:
What format of the weekly email do you prefer?
- Do you like the weekly BizableTV episode announcements (like above for Jennifer)?
- Do you prefer business strategies and event summaries?
Just Click Reply And Type #1 or #2
I don't want to waste your time(o:
You're the best!
PS: Also open to other ideas and of course you can always unsubscribe here